Sunday, November 8, 2009

Truth or Dare

What started out as a simple game being played by silly boys at 1 am who felt they could stay up late because they could sleep-in the following morning due to having stake conference at 1 pm the next day as opposed to having the normal 9 am morning church turned rather hilarious when we reached dare #2. After going through a few truths and a singular dare, I decided to take a risk and do another dare. "Prank call somebody." What?! Prank call somebody? I haven't done that in years! That's so high school! Who should I prank call? We decided we would call somebody outside the ward, lest they reference the ward menu and find my # listed. We decided to call this girl my roommate knows from back home. She doesn't know me, so it would be safe. I decided to put my cell phone on speaker phone. I reached her answering machine and left the following message: "Did you know Chuck Norris was born in a log cabin he built with his own bare hands?" Haha! We were dying laughing (please remember: this was at 1 am). I closed the phone. We continued to giggle. We could not hold back out laughter. "Ok," I said. "Truth or dare?" We proceeded to another truth, and likewise continued to giggle. I don't know what all was said, but we were in rare form to say the least. In the middle of my roommate answering his truth, we heard the following: "If you would like to make another call, please hang-up and dial again." What?! I quickly grabbed my phone and opened it. The phone had been on speaker phone the entire time and was recording a message still for the girl we were prank calling! There was one split second of stunned silence, and then we lost it. Each one of us quickly tried to remember what had been said in the past two minutes, but we were laughing too hard. We could only imagine how the message would be received in its entirety when the girl listened to it. After our roaring laughter quieted down, we wiped the tears off of our faces, changed into our bed clothes, and went to bed.

2 comments: