Sunday, September 6, 2009

Oops . . . I dropped my fork!

For those of us who are shy, the initial "hello" can be quite intimidating when you first want to talk to a girl you find cute. Such was the case earlier today during our ward's "break the fast." Now, I want to make this clear: I'm not talking about some bombshell hottie who all the guys gawk at. I'm simply referring to a nice young sister in the ward who I find cute. Again--please pay attention to my pure motives. So as I was walking home from the ward feast, I noticed she was about 15 feet behind me. I thought to myself, should I just turn around and wait for her . . . or . . . maybe I should just walk really slowly? Needless to say, I was unsure of my next move. Then all of the sudden, a rush of inspiration overcame me. Boom. With my back turned to her, I picked my fork up off my plate, moved my hand to the side, and purposefully let it fall to the ground. Oops . . . I dropped my fork! How convenient . . . Having timed it perfectly, by the time I picked it up and was standing straight again, she was standing right next to me. "What's your name?" I asked her. The question was simple enough, but I rushed the delivery. Luckily, her easy-going manner softened the abrasiveness of my question. A mini-conversation ensued as we walked back to our apartments. And with that, I had made initial contact. Mission accomplished.

-Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment